French women have a reputation for having an impeccable fashion sense. For them French girl style it’s not about the brands, but in the way in which they carry themselves and styling looks with a certain “Je ne sai quoi.” With my Haitian-French upbringing and my recent trip to Paris in September, my style has totally taken a swing, French. Here are a few personal styling tips to redefine your French girl style.
Tips for Redefining French Girl Style
- Add a silk Scarf. This look never goes out of style. Ditch the statement necklace and you can combine a neck scarf with almost every look. Bonus: Extra sun protection and warmth if you are always chilly, like me.
- Black is timeless. The French stay neutral with black coats and add a pop of color. Black goes with everything, it is slimming and makes you look more polished.
- Try loafers. A pair of men’s shoes will perfectly compliment a suit or a juxtaposition of a feminine skirt.
- Top it off with a beret! This sexy and feminine accessory has made a comeback. I purchased this one in Paris. I love styling it during the day with this look or on the weekends with black jeans. Beatnik-inspired.
- Don’t shy from hosiery. Fishnets, opaque tight or such are an excellent way to add texture to your look. Don’t be afraid to try some fishnet tights during the day for a twist to your look!
Clutch: Vintage Coach | Cuff: Balenciaga