A jumpsuit is one of those items that used to be on the “man-repeller” list. I have to admit in the winter a jumpsuit is the perfect all-in-one outfit. Let’s face it, they are comfortable and can look pretty darn sexy with the right accessories and layering pieces. Here are tips to upgrade your style with a jumpsuit.
The key for making a jumpsuit work for cocktail to formal occasions is going monochromatic. I chose this gorgeous black suit from Tobi and paired it with a sleeveless midi vest. I chose plunging neckline and wide legs channelling old Hollywood to diver the attention upward. The vest keeps my portions long and lean. I finished this look with a pop of color earring and perfect pout pink lip in troublemaker from Too Faced Cosmetics.
Some important tips for styling:
- If you are vertically challenged, you may want to opt for a slim, cropped style instead to avoid looking swamped in fabric.
- Cinching your jumpsuit at the waist is a great way to add some femininity to the look and curves.
- Try a blazer for formal settings or a leather jacket for casual outings. You can even tie a jacket around your waist during the day in place of a belt, to add shape definition.
- Loose jumpsuits that drape your figure are more flattering than skin-tight jumpsuits.
- If you’re wearing a wide leg jumpsuit, you need to wear heels. Avoid anything chunky.
Shoes: Jimmy Choo | Bag: Halston
What about you? Would you wear a dressy jumpsuit to a cocktail party or girls night out? Let me know in the comment section below.
Subscribe to Elevate Living!
Receive a weekly dose of inspiring, motivating, style content to elevate your life. Elevated Living has your must-know real style tips, weekly mindfulness challenges and spotlights change-makers at the top of their industries. Just real life, real style and good vibes. We can all stand up and stand out in style!