Self-care includes creating an efficient routine that enables you to present your best-self each day. As a personal stylist, I believe having a wardrobe that is a reflection of who you truly are is a major component to self-care.
Like it or not, we are all judged by our appearance. What you wear makes an instant impression on your colleagues, customers and clients. Appearing disheveled, running late or being stressed impacts the impression you make on others.
Here are three tips I recommend that can help you get organized so getting dressed in the morning is the easiest and most stress-free part of your day:
Pick and plan your outfits ahead of time.
Weekends are the best time to prepare for your upcoming week. Take some time on Sunday to look at your schedule and plan your outfits accordingly.
You can set some space aside in your closet, on your bed or set up an additional clothing rack to help you arrange your looks so all you have to do is get dressed the day of. Be sure to try everything on so you can see how you will look.
If you’re not able to plan a whole week’s worth of outfits on a weekend day, at the very least determine what you will wear the night before. Doing it in the morning will only add stress to your day. Again, do a test run. Try the clothes and shoes on the beforehand so there aren’t any surprises the day of!
Create a mini-lookbook of your signature Style
There’s nothing better than having a lookbook of yourself when you know you’re at your best.
Make note of what you are wearing when you feel the most confident, sexy and powerful. Take a full-body selfie in your fave outfits then create a folder on your phone or tablet of these looks. Replicate these looks daily so it becomes your signature style.
I recommend that you go these photos frequently. It will help you decide what to wear on a day-to-day basis or for a special event. It’ll also do wonders for your self-esteem. Swipe right and behold your beauty. Repeat.
Organize your closet according to your lifestyle.
View your closet like it is your own personalized boutique and sort according to what you wear more frequently, color coordinate and clothing type.
Use these clothing dividers to stay more organized.
Go beyond the clothes…
Having a regular self-care routine helps to set your day off right. It will keep you centered no matter what challenges arise.
Of course, everyone’s needs are different, but these additional self-care tips may lay the path for a fulfilling day and enhance your life to crush your goals.
- Create a No Cell Phone Zone- This one can be difficult since we’re ALL obsessed with our phones, but finding time away from your phone is a necessity. #breaktheaddiction
My husband and I made our bedroom a no cell phone zone. Instead of checking our emails or social media accounts when we wake up, we now take time to connect with one another. In the evening we read together. This keeps US at the center of our lives and not what’s on our phones. Plus, we no longer have to worry about cell phone radiation in our bedroom. We generate our own heat. (smile!)
- Set your day’s mantra. From the moment you take your first breath you determine how your day will begin. It’s all in your mindset. Begin with a mantra or look at your vision board. After I kiss my husband, I like to look at my brand goals and set a mantra as simple as “I am powerful.”
- Meditate– Clearing my head and breathing has become an integral part of my day. I take time each morning to be still, focus and give thanks. This “me” time has had a profound effect on my anxiety. If you need an app, try Simply Being. It’s free! I also use crystals in my daily routine. My favorite is selenite. It’s known to dispel negative energy.
- Move your body– I like to schedule my workouts like I plan my meals and outfits — that way I’m more accountable not to skip them! If your mornings are tight, I suggest stretching for a few minutes or complete some sun salutation yoga poses to get the blood flowing to help activate your body.
- Flush out toxins– Some like coffee, I like tea. Add a glass of room temperature water and a shot of apple cider vinegar to flush out toxins and protect your immune system.
- Goal setting– This is an excellent manifestation practice. Start making a habit of visualizing how you want your life to look, feel, smell etc. If you haven’t created a vision board, it’s a must!
But you don’t have to have a vision board to start the manifestation process. Social media is a great place to begin (especially if you check it frequently). Start saving photos of the things you give “hearts” and “thumbs up” to as they likely represent your innermost desires. This practice of capturing the things that resonate with you can help you get focused so you can bring them into your life. As the saying goes…if you believe it, you can achieve it!
If you have extra dough…
Eyelash extensions– If your eyes can tolerate them, I suggest eyelash extensions. You feel glam and you are instantly ready to go at all times without the need for mascara.
Microblading– If you were not born with full eyebrows like me, microblading is a great option. I got this done a year ago and love the results! I have full brows and never have to fill them in! My morning routine is cut in half!
Take a sneak peek into the procedure with my behind the scenes video here.
Subscribe to Elevate Living!
Receive a weekly dose of inspiring, motivating, style content to elevate your life. Elevated Living has your must-know real style tips, weekly mindfulness challenges and spotlights change-makers at the top of their industries. Just real life, real style and good vibes. We can all stand up and stand out in style!