Wedding dress shopping should be a joyous occasion for any bride-to-be. From sifting through Pinterest boards to flipping the pages of bridal magazines and eventually combing the racks of gowns culminating with a champagne toast to say “yes!” to the dress. The truth is, things are a lot more stressful when you are plus-sized wedding dress shopping. I really had a difficult time (at a size 14) finding the right dress for my body and the experience was not magical.
What did I learn?
1.The wedding industry is slow at making strides towards inclusivity.
2. I’m on a mission to help other plus-sized brides navigate the process with ease through my bridal styling services.
THE BIG NEWS
I shared my experience on 11 Honoré new online magazine, Page 11.Read the full article here.
Please let me know your thoughts as I would love to continue sharing important stories of size-inclusive style.
Oh, enjoy my wedding pics too!
Suit: Ted Baker | Tie: Hugo Boss | Dress: Casablanca Bridal | Shoes: Jimmy Choo
Planner: Hoste Events
SUBSCRIBE TO ELEVATED LIVING!
A newsletter dedicated to the personal and professional development of today's high-achieving woman to help you live a life well styled!
- Style tips, trends & insights to be a more sustainable shopper and build a better closet
- Weekly intentional living affirmations & challenges
- Stay up-to-date on community events and workshops
- Watch Melissa's Segments & the best of web to style your mind
AND high-vibe musings to help you elevate your style and confidence.